Friday, February 27, 2009

Gardening Themed Fortune Cookie?

My family and I love to eat Chinese food, and since there is a new Chinese take-out restaurant in our town, we've been eating it more than we probably should. Of course, the kid in me always likes getting the fortune cookie after stuffing myself.

Most of the time I don't pay much attention to the actual fortune, but this time I did a double-take!

It says "Your present plants are going to succeed."

Wow, that is so great! How did it know that I've already started my extra-early tomato plants under lights?

That has to be a typo, right? It makes me think - wouldn't it be a great idea to have fortune cookies for gardeners? Think of all the great advice they could give. Maybe I got the first fortune cookie for gardeners. Or maybe it is supposed to read "Your present plans are going to succeed." I am planning quite a bit for the garden this year, so I'd take that as well.

I guess this means the year ahead will be a great one. My plants or my plans will succeed!

This fortune can be for all of you as well. So make plans and grow plants; they're sure to succeed! Hey, the cookie says so. :)

8 comments:

Gardeness

What a nice surprise. Laminate it and put it up in your garden.

Ottawa Gardener

Perfect. Think of the other things you could say: There will be no late frost this year, plan accordingly. Your tomatoes will be fruitful. Or just the old ones but good ones like 1 years seed is 7 years of weed...

I'm growing dwarf tomatoes under lights this year too.

Daphne Gould

I love that. My last one was "Progress involves risk." Hmm I wonder what that one would mean in the garden for me. Maybe I should start some of those early tomatoes too.

Anonymous

As they say, "Some people have all the luck". In this case, you got the fortune!.

Just Jenn

What a great fortune! (typo or no) ;^)

Matron

Fortunate indeed!! My fortune cookie a couple of weeks ago was written in German... so I don't know what it said!!!

Jennifer

My son is getting married 12/5 to a sweet girl from Cambodia - I suggested fortune cookies as favors until we realized - what if someone got an unfavorable one - we're doing voltives :} Jennifer

Gaden & Home Improvement

Greate post!
Thank for sharing

GardenDesk   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP