Thursday, June 28, 2007

7 Random Things About Me

I have been tagged by Tracy who blogs at Outside in a meme called "7 Random Things About Me". Being picked is a honor, but I usually write about my garden - not about me. So I'm not sure what to write. While I'm thinking, you can read the 7 things Tracy wrote about herself.

Okay, here goes - seven random things:

    1. I went through the classes to become certified as a "Master Gardener" back in 1995 through The Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service. It was really great even though I was the youngest one in the class by far. As part of the service hours required in the program, I wrote gardening articles for the local newspaper and taught composting seminars at the Gardens Alive retail store in Lawrenceburg Indiana. I was also honored to be employed by Gardens Alive at that time. I worked for them a couple weekends per month as a "product consultant" (okay maybe that was two things).

    2. I married my high school sweetheart! We have been married for almost 17 years, but we have been together for 24 years. Pretty cool, huh?

    3. My regular job is with a Television Production Company. We make all sorts of videos, commercials and TV related things. At home I watch very little TV.

    4. from 2001 to 2005, I almost stopped gardening entirely because I was spending all my free time working in Children's Ministry and performing magic shows for summer camps, vacation bible schools and churches.

    5. I can't stand mustard! As a kid, I ate only a few different kinds of food. As an adult, I've learned to like many new foods and flavors. Mustard is NOT one of them and never will be!

    6. I have two wonderful daughters age 13 and 10. They are a big help in the garden and on the computer. I teach them things about gardening and they teach me things about the computer!

    7. My ultimate dream is to figure out how to make gardening at home my full time thing! Maybe with a combination of market gardening and writing about gardening it could happen, who knows?

Well there you have it - seven totally random things about me. Now comes the part where I am supposed to tag seven other people to participate in "7 random things about me". This too is a hard decision, but these are the people I am tagging:

The first two are the first two blogs that I followed before I began blogging. Because of that, they have become among my very favorites. First is Skippy's Vegetable Garden. Skippy is a dog. the blog is written by his owner. I'll let her decide if she wants to tell things about her or about Skippy. The other blog is Compost Bin by Anthony.

3 and 4 on my list I am picking because they are the closest in the blogosphere to me geographically and they have wonderful blogs. They are Kasmira at Cincinnati Cape Cod and Kerry of Kerry's Garden.

Next are two blogs written by people who have great blogs and seem to me to be very nice. I would like to know more about them. They are Edible Landscaping and Gotta Garden.

Lastly, I am picking Kenny from Veggie Gardening Tips. Kenny doesn't seem to be the meme type to me, but I would love to know more about him. What I already know is that he is a real pro. He knows more about gardening, and specifically organic gardening, than anyone I know.

So to recap my list, I tag:

  • Skippy's Vegetable Garden
  • Compost Bin
  • Cincinnati Cape Cod
  • Kerry's Garden
  • Edible Landscaping
  • Gotta Garden
  • Veggie Gardening Tips
  • If you are one of those people, here are the rules that Tracy wrote in her post:

    Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 random facts as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.

    Thank you Tracy for including me in your list.

5 comments:

divaqs

Hey Marc, thank you for mentioning my blog! I wrote about it today in my Edible Landscaping blog.

Anonymous

Marc: Great post! I, too, would love to make gardening a full-time activity. Wouldn't that be great? Anyway, thanks for participating!

Gotta Garden

Well, okay, now...I kinda see how to do this! Thank you for the nice remarks! That was interesting to learn about you! You write wonderfully and if anybody is paying attention out there in garden book land...they should be contacting you! Then, you could get on the speaking circuit...and there you go! See, how it all works out??! Lol!

You're great, Marc!

Carol Michel

I always like to read about Purdue connections, my alma mater!

Anthony

Hi Marc,
I think the key to #7 might be tied to #3. How about a video podcast about gardening? You've got the credentials (see #1).

I've been kicking around the idea myself and I'm not even a master gardener, I'm just a guy who likes compost. Unfortunately crunching video would kill my old computer. Have to wait until I upgrade.

Thanks for the tag, I may actually answer this one. :)

GardenDesk   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP