Sunday, February 18, 2007

My First Green Thumb Sunday

This is my first official Green Thumb Sunday post, and I am excited to finally be a part of it. When the weather is nice and I'm not gardening, I like to do other things outdoors like fishing out on the lake!

Since there isn't much going on in the garden right now, I went back to last summer looking for some good garden pictures to post. The more I looked at those pictures of my sunny and warm garden, the more I longed for this coming season. It finally got to where I didn't want to look at the garden pictures anymore, so I settled on these lake sunset pictures.

But since Green Thumb Sunday really ought to have a garden theme, here is another silhouette picture from the garden:

Can you believe that is a hornet visiting our butterfly bush? I was trying to take an actual color picture of him, but none of them were very good. So even though the above picture was an accident, it is one of my favorites of my insect photos!

So there you have it - my first Green Thumb Sunday pictures. If you want to see other Green Thumb Sunday pictures, there is a blogroll of everyone else who participates at the bottom of my sidebar. Or of course, you could join in the fun and post your own Green Thumb photos!

Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join

6 comments:

RUTH

Welcome to Green Thumb Sunday. I'm a recent newcomer. Your photos are lovely....I shall pop back again to read/see more.

Anonymous

Hi glad to see you on Green Thumb Sunday. Thanks for visiting my blog. Great pictures!

Anonymous

Warmth welcome to the GTS :-)

Very nice pictures indeed and I'm looking forward to see more in the future too.

Anonymous

I absolutely adore the silhouette picture. That's fabulous! The lake's very beautiful, too. Welcome to Green Thumb Sunday, and I'll look forward to seeing more photos!

Marc

I learned from a great blog called Tangled Branches that the insect pictured above is a clearwing moth and not a hornet. I think I've also heard them referred to as hummingbird moths since they so closely resemble hummingbirds.

Thanks Tangled Branches!

Marc

I learned from a great blog called Tangled Branches that the insect pictured above is a clearwing moth and not a hornet. I think I've also heard them referred to as hummingbird moths since they so closely resemble hummingbirds.

Thanks Tangled Branches!

GardenDesk   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP